We collect used eyeglasses and hearing aids and donate them to an organization that sends them overseas to help needy individuals.
If you’d like to donate eyeglasses and hearing aids you no longer need so that others may benefit from them, here are our collection sites.
- Laramie County Library, 2200 Pioneer Ave. If you enter from the parking lot side, turn right as soon as you enter and walk past the bathrooms. A mailbox painted yellow and purple will be on your left
- Cheyenne Eye Clinic, 1300 E 20th St. There is no collection box at this time. Simply give the eyeglasses or hearing aids to a counter rep and she will give them to the appropriate person.
- VA Administration, 2360 E Pershing Blvd. Enter the main building and go up to the 2nd floor to the Eye Clinic waiting room at the far end of the hallway. There is a yellow and purple yellow collection box beneath the TV.
- Holy Trinity Catholic Church, 1808 Hot Springs Ave. As you enter the main lobby, there is a small Lions eyeglass donation box on the floor.
- HealthWorks, 2508 E Fox Farm Rd. As you enter the clinic section of HealthWorks, there is a small Lions eyeglass donations box in the lobby, on a table beneath their TV set.
LARAMIE COUNTY LIBRARY
CHEYENNE EYE CLINIC
The VA is a large complex of buildings. Enter Building 1, to the left of the Ambulance/Emergency Entrance. Go up to the 2nd floor and follow the signs to the eye clinic. There are two waiting rooms – the waiting room at the end of the hallway is the one with the donation receptacle.
Holy Trinity Catholic Church