Proud supporter of the Lions of Wyoming Foundation and the Allen H. Stewart Camp for the blind and visually impaired on Casper Mountain.
- In partnership with Community Action of Laramie County, Inc. and the other Lions Clubs in Cheyenne, we provide grants for eye exams and glasses
- We recycle used eyeglasses – since 2010, the club has shipped over 12,500 used eyeglasses to a Lions Eyeglass Recycling Center for dispensing missions in developing nations
Eyeglass Recycling Locations
- Laramie County Library, 2200 Pioneer Ave
- Cheyenne Eye Clinic, 1300 E 20th St
- VA Administration, 2360 E Pershing Blvd
- Holy Trinity Catholic Church, 1808 Hot Springs Ave
- HealthWorks, 2508 E Fox Farm Rd
- WYDOT Administration Building, 5300 Bishop Blvd
For complete info about each location, check out: Eyeglass Collection Site Details.
Youth programs – Chartering Organization for Boy Scout Troop 101 & Venture Crew 101
Lions Park projects
- The Cheyenne Lions Club is very proud to be a sponsor of this park and have been involved in many projects during our 98 years of existence. In the early years, the Lions planted trees and flowers throughout the park.
- They also provided rest rooms, a skating pond, the beach house and the softball field. Additionally, the club was instrumental in raising funds and constructing the playground area near the old community house. The project was completed at a cost of $20,000 and hundreds of volunteer man-hours.
- In 1983, the club funded and helped to install the exercise stations with handicap accessibility on the east side of the park for $25,000. In 2008, together with the Boy Scout Troop 101 and the city park service, the club completely refurbished all of the exercise stations.
- In 2011, in support of a Boy Scout Eagle project, the same three groups refurbished the picnic shelter east of the swimming pool, giving the shelter a new coat of stain and correcting a structural deficiency with the roof.
- The club has an annual Park Cleanup and Picnic on the Sunday after Superday